Lets face it, black is the colour of Winter, it’s a must have, a comfort zone, and we all love it.
But how do we style it without looking super goth or tired like?
Well here’s 5 simple rules to get it right and celebs that we think have it 100% right;
1. Vary the fabrics and textures. Nothing looks dowdier or drab than an all-black outfit that is all cotton… and make sure the fabric is season appropriate. Denim, wool and thick cottons make it easier to pull off an all black look in winter.
2. When styling and putting together a black on black, fit is paramount and even more important than ever, as we all know black is super slimming. So play on this, and stay away from shapeless, looser fits and go for the figure hugging more fitted, flattering styles to accentuate your curves in all of the right places. For example, black jeans, a tight fitted tee of jumper matched with a black coat is the perfect ratio of black fabulousness! We love how Miranda Kerr always gets it right.
3. Style it up with accessories and heels! Chokers are this seasons must have, you can never go wrong with a velvet black choker or leather! HOT HOT HOT. Also, bold colourful jewellery is a big fat YES , but you have to pick right as it can become the statement of your outfit. For us, coloured stilettos or boots are the go to shoe with any black outfit, especially for night-time.
4. The joy of black on black, is that you can go from day time to night time and make your outfit more dressy or casual by simply changing your lipstick colour. A LBD can go from a day (with a light pink or nude satin lip colour_ to-night (with a bold, red or plum lip) seamlessly. Makes the of difference.
5. The bigger the black sunglasses the better! In this look it’s impossible to have too much black, that’s why we love it! The chunkier and bigger the sunglasses the better! Let them cover half of your face and roll with it …. It’s the perfect final touch for an all black day look (dressed up or down). We vote Gigi Haddid does it best .